Friday, December 10, 2010

First Post. Hmmm

Evening all,

What to say as a first post. Wow.  I guess I could say Hi. Perhaps I should explain explain this title. Well, I have this interesting fascination with birds, and I just kinda got hooked. I have always been a nature kid, and loved animals. I went to Zoocamp when I was little, and did all sorts of stuff. I had always wanted to see a Wood Duck, and one day last year in May, I did. I was so happy, that I took a video with my extremely crude video camera on my horrible phone. Talk about freaked. I then came back and took some pictures with a better camera, and met a birder. Here is a photo I took of one on that special day:


He told me about some bird walks on Wednesday's and I found out more about them. Then I learned that a distant cousin was a birder, and she helped teach me. Then the guy who leads the walks eventually became one of my mentors and all was lost. That was birding.

I also have this addiction to collection vinyl figures. Many people think that they are action figures that don't do anything. They are toys that are also art, and are collectible and trade-able. I follow this company called Kidrobot.com. Since I kinda want to talk about both birds and vinyl figures combined, I found that perhaps I should get a blog, and incorporate them both.

Here is a picture of what some Kidrobot pieces I collect look like, from the Kidrobot website:


For this vinyl addiction, I had in fact this past night gone to an art opening for a very famous group of artists by the name of Gargamel. No, not the Smurf's arch-enemy, but the company. You should Google them sometime, but make sure to use the translator, unless you can read Japanese. I will be posting some photos someday, and perhaps I can be a little efficient with blog posts. I have to go study right now, but if you read this, thanks, and I hope it wasn't a uninteresting post. Thanks for reading.

All for now,

Nathan

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got your blog up and running, Nathan. For me, a blog is a modern version of a journal, only with pictures. You also have the world tapping into your thoughts and that makes each of us an author. Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amar. I hope my topics won't bore the birders and vise versa. Agreed completely. I hope this works out. I will probably post once I go out birding, and to an opening. And when I have something to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Nathan. Fun blog -- Love your photos. You're an intelligent and nice young man. Great to know you.
    All the best,Sheryl

    ReplyDelete